Thursday, March 25, 2021

Editing

         I think I have finished editing for the most part. I will change up some things based on the feedback I get. I think it went as well as I could have expected. I did my best and that is good enough for me. It came out a little better than I expected it to. I did run into a couple of problems however, which I will quickly run through and at the end I will post the screenshots I took while I was editing the opening. All in all even if I do not get the best grade on the opening I think it was a good experience to have.

        The first issue I had is that me being stupid, in some critical shots my finger was over the camera. Luckily, it was like only 1 or 2 shots so I found a solution. The solution was to basically zoom in on something else in the shot. Also again me being lucky, the shots I had my thumb in also had the suitcase in it. This meant that I could just zoom in on the suitcase which saved me the pain of having to re record. As a matter of fact, I actually think this zooming in on the suitcase helped enhance the film. Initially, this was an issue but after I came up with a solution it really was not that big of a deal. 



        Another issue I ran into that also took up some time was the editing software. I know initially I said that I was going to use Shotcut(which I ended up using anyway), but I felt like I might want to use the extra features that Da Vinci Resolves gives. However, whenever I would upload a video onto it, the video would lag out like crazy. I spent a decent amount of time trying to figure this out before I just went back to Shotcut. Shotcut served me well and it was not complicated so perhaps I should have stuck with my initial decision anyway.
        Below I will just dump a couple of screenshots I took while I was editing on Shotcut. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Opening post

         After nearly 2 months of work I am finally done with this project. Surprisingly enough the CCR proved to be harder to construct tha...