Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Filming

         I filmed the movie opening yesterday. There were a couple changes made to the film while I filmed. I think the filming went well and I got all the clips I wanted to get. However, the only way to tell truly how well the filming went is after I edit the clips. I filmed it on a phone and when watching the clips, the iPhone audio seemed like it picked up the audio pretty well so I did not need a mic or anything special to pick up audio which was one of my bigger concerns going in.

        As discussed, I had a couple changes made during filming. First was the location. Initially, I had a completely different location picked out. However, some of the people who I had asked to act in my film said they had a better location. This location was right outside of Weston Regional Park and it was a better location than the one I had initially selected. I think it helped my movie opening immensely because the overall aesthetic was much better in this new location and it allowed for my next change which I will talk about in the next paragraph. 

        This change was to the script of the movie. Initially the secret agent, Derek Johnson was supposed to be in the car, but now it was easier logistically for him to be walking around with the suitcase in a backpack. Henry Walker was going to be the one in the car and he called Derek over and when Derek came over, he knocked him out. In the original script Derek was supposed to be in the car and Henry would stop the car. However, it was very difficult to film this, so I decided that it was better to have Derek walking and trying to blend in. A decision was made that in order for Derek to blend in, the suitcase would be inside a backpack and when Henry knocks out Derek, he will take out the suitcase from the backpack to further signify the importance of the suitcase.

        For the future, I am very nervous about editing. I have one experience of editing before and I got a bad grade on the project so I am not very confident in my editing ability. I feel like I got the necessary clips but the editing might mess the whole thing up. I am hoping I quickly pick up the editing as I am editing and the opening looks good in the end. However, I do have major doubts about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Opening post

         After nearly 2 months of work I am finally done with this project. Surprisingly enough the CCR proved to be harder to construct tha...