Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Title Change

         As I discussed in my last blog I absolutely hated my title. The supreme suitcase sounded so lame and I just came up with it because I wanted a name on the script. First, I narrowed down the title to 3 names. Warrior Of Yesterday, Snake in the River and The comeback. I felt these three names really resonated with the plot of my movie. I had a hard time narrowing them down because each of them symbolized a part of the movie which I will explain below.

        Snake in the River was an intriguing title because the title is very catchy. It also has a deeper meaning behind it in relation to the movie. As I explained in the post about the plot, there was a spy in the ranks of US government which is why they came to Bill in the first place. Snake is a word for traitor and the river was meant to symbolize the US government, so essentially the title would foreshadow the traitor in the government. In the end, I decided against this name because I felt like it did not have enough to do with the main character of the movie.

        The Comeback was another one I considered. This one related to the main character Bill Tyson as he had been away from his job as a secret agent for a while, but he needs to make a comeback to stop a major harm from befalling upon the US. In the end, I decided against this title because it felt kind of cheesy and something that is super generic and overused. It also did not really have a deeper meaning or anything and just looked kind of plain to me.

        The one I finally decided on was Warrior Of Yesterday. The title itself looks intriguing and mystifying. Moreover it also has a deeper meaning. Bill used to be a secret agent and much of the plot is going to show how he struggled in his life between missions. He was clinging on to his heroism of the past. I think the title was best suited as it provides a mystifying hook as well as links in to the movie in a big way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Opening post

         After nearly 2 months of work I am finally done with this project. Surprisingly enough the CCR proved to be harder to construct tha...