Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Group Discussion 2

         Our teacher once again sorted us into random groups to discuss our projects. The groups are where everyone discusses their project and has a chance to share their questions or concerns. I am happy whenever she does this because since I am working alone it gives me an insight on whether what I am doing is good or bad. Like last time, I again found this session to be very helpful. It offered me confirmation of stuff I already thought or it gave me new ideas. There was 1 major question I had that was answered and various other concerns that were addressed. 

        Firstly, I had an audio concern. I initially thought Airpods would be okay to pick up audio from, but when discussing someone else's project, it came across that it might be better to buy a Mic. I am not sure if this is what I want to do, but I am going to run some tests on my Airpods and see if they are sufficient. If they are not I may have to buy a Mic pack. I can get them on Amazon if I want to, but this is supposed to be a low budget film, so I am not sure I want to buy that. Especially, because I probably will never use the mic after this project. However, if need be I will buy it. I am going to speak in my airpods and see if they audio picks up without any feedback or noises and if it does, then I will have my source of audio. 

Vs 
        Another concern I had with my opening was the title. The title I have right now is the supreme suitcase. I feel like that is a boring name especially because the title is going to have to be shown right before the opening ends. Someone suggested to me that I should use a random name generator to generate a name. They said that even if I do not like the names they produce, I can draw inspiration from that. I am likely changing the name in upcoming days, because I just feel like the name I have is really bland and not enough of a hook. 
        Lastly, it was suggested to me that I use a series of alternating shots during scene 1 where the car and suitcase is stolen. Last group discussion someone else had said the same thing and now someone also said the same thing, so now I know that is what I need to do. I will work in the alternating close and mid-shots during the struggle between Derek Johnson and Henry Walker. I think that this can also solve the issue I have with time, because if I have multiple camera angles, it should take more time. I think this could be effective and it could also help boost adrenalin since the changing camera angles adds to the fast-pace of the film.
    





No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Opening post

         After nearly 2 months of work I am finally done with this project. Surprisingly enough the CCR proved to be harder to construct tha...