Monday, March 15, 2021

Small Issue

        Although I have two scenes, my script feels a little low on time. I am trying to think of ways to extend the length of the film. However, at the same time I think it is possible that what I have come up with is already enough. What I am going to do is shoot an extra scene just in case I am short and if I end up falling short after editing I will have an extra scene. I think this helps to solve my problem, now I just need to come up with an extra scene. The extra scene may or may not make it into the editing depending on how long my film is. The max limit is 2 minutes and I want my film to be at least 1 minute and thirty seconds.

        For the extra scene, I am thinking of a scene before Henry Walker steals Derek Johnson's car and the suitcase. I think this scene could consist of Henry having a chat with his unknown boss over the phone and Henry is asking what is in the suitcase and the boss is telling him about it. The reason I am iffy on this scene is because I want to keep the mystery of the suitcase especially because it is just a film opening. However, if people know what is in the suitcase, they would understand why the kidnapping and robbing of it is so significant. This extra scene has a heavy weight on it and can significantly change the tune of semi-action scene in the opening. I think this is one possibility for an extra scene but a risky one because an extra scene should not have such a change in meaning for the opening. 

        The second scene I am thinking about that could be used as an extra scene is a scene after the main character is introduced. In the current version of my script after the text message is shown to the audience, the camera will zoom out and slowly turn to credits. In this extra scene, it could be shown what happens after the text and where the secret location is and who Bill Tyson is meeting with. It could be a small shack where he has a conversation with a higher up who is on a screen. For dramatic effect, the screen could turn black after the higher up tells Bill the contents of the suitcase. The gravity of the situation has just been explained and it cuts to credits is also another interesting hook that I think could work. If the audience finds out why the suitcase is important, it could get them to stick around for longer to see how the issue is solved.
        These are just two extra scene ideas I had. They hopefully will not be used, but I am planning on filming sometime soon so I am going to have to decide between the two or maybe a whole new scene is something else comes to my mind. I think it is best to be prepared going in because once I film it is going to be hard to film again if I do not have a sufficient amount of clips. I think this is a smart idea, but I am actually not that happy with the two scene ideas I have come up with, so I am going to try to come up with more and if not I am just going to hope the initial script is good and long enough for the the project.




        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Opening post

         After nearly 2 months of work I am finally done with this project. Surprisingly enough the CCR proved to be harder to construct tha...