Sunday, March 28, 2021

Things to fix in my last cut of the movie.

         The first major issue with my opening is the length of it. The film is supposed to be 2 minutes max but my film is 2 minutes and 18 seconds. However, I do recall my teacher saying it could go to 2 minutes 20 seconds but I am not sure of this so I will ask her when I have the class again. If the max time is indeed 2 minutes I need to figure out a way to shave off 18 seconds. I do not even know where to start to do this. I am going to have to go through the film and see which scenes are absolutely necessary and the ones that are not I will cut off. I am hoping that the max is 2 minutes 20 seconds other wise I am going to have to think long and hard about what to cut off. This is something that I am a little worried about doing because most of the scenes in there were necessary, 


        I also sent this version of the film to one of the actors and they identified some possible issues with it. The first one was with the fonts of the words on the screen. These were there to list the people who worked on the project like director and cinematographer. I will need to look to find a better font than the one I used for that. I think this is a pretty easy fix so it really is nothing I am worried about at all. It is just going to take a quick Google search and me having to select which font I want to use on Shotcut. 
       
        Another issue with fonts that I did not even realize was they were in different colors when displaying the credits. This was actually completely unintentional and an accident but I did not even notice it when I rewatched the opening. This is also a very simple fix as I just have to go to shot cut and click on that scene and simply change the color from white to black. This is also another minor fix that I am not worried about at all. 
        Also I was informed the color filter I put over the character Bill Tyson in the second scene initially was not good. I put the filter over to try and mute the colors to make it seem like the character is sad and when he gets the text I switch the colors back to normal to make it seem like he is happier, but it did not have the intended effect I wanted to. I still want to put a color filter over that scene but I am going to need to try different ones before I find the right one. This is also a very quick fix and something I am not worried about.
        Some other very small stuff is some of the transitions did not look good so I am just going to have to switch them. It is only 2 transitions and they are both easy fixes. Another thing that needs fixing is in the scene after the trunk is closes, the music kind of just comes to an abrupt stop. I have seen some movies where that does happen but I am still deciding whether to keep it like that or to make it so that the music goes down bit by bit so that it is a smoother stop rather than a sudden one.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Opening post

         After nearly 2 months of work I am finally done with this project. Surprisingly enough the CCR proved to be harder to construct tha...