Tuesday, March 30, 2021

What I learned

        I am basically done editing my opening at this point, the only thing I have left to do is the names on the credits. My teacher said they can be random but some people I asked said they could only be random for the actors names, but the names of the directors, writers etc. would have to be real. Currently I have made up names for those positions as well so once I ask my teacher this question I will either change it to real people or just leave the fake names. This is my last blog post before the CCR and the actual opening so I think it would be cool to leave off on what I learned from this project.

        Initially, I absolutely despised this project. I mean I heard blog posts every week and a 2 minute film opening and just thought of how much work it was. I hated the idea of this project and was a little nervous as to whether I could keep up with the blog posts and make a competent movie. Turns out, it was much easier than I expected and I even enjoyed it a little. The blog posts were not hard at all and came naturally to me and did not even take me that much time. For the movie opening, getting the shots was much easier than I expected and the editing was also easier than I expected. The finished product was much better than I expected, now I do not know if it is up to Cambridge standards but it is definitely better than what I thought it was going to be on the first day this project was assigned. This taught me to go into things with a more open mind, I had already decided I hated this project before even starting it, so I did the first few blog posts and did not like it, but eventually I realized it was not bad at all and I tremendously overexaggerated the difficulty of this project.

        Another thing I learned was the practice of not procrastinating. This project was set up in way where you really could not procrastinate as you needed to do things every week. I finished my opening with there still to be a week for my CCR plus a long weekend. I did this whole thing stress free. Another important thing I learned is to plan. I asked my actors way beforehand about when we could meet just to make sure nothing would come up and it worked as filming day went by very smooth. Also, I learned that while it is important to plan, not everything will be exactly like you planned it. I had a script made, but when it turned time to film it was not feasible to do what I had put in the script. It turned out for the better though because it was much better in the new way. All in all I think it went pretty well.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Opening post

         After nearly 2 months of work I am finally done with this project. Surprisingly enough the CCR proved to be harder to construct tha...