Thursday, March 4, 2021

Characters in my opening

         In my movie opening as of right now I am planning on having three characters. The first character to appear onscreen will be the character who is going to be carrying important information on America's nuclear weapons in a briefcase. His name will be Derek Johnson. He is an employee of the American government and was tasked with carrying the nuclear weapons locations and codes from Washington to California. The audience would not know this information in the movie opening, instead they are going to be left on a hook to stay and find out what is in the briefcase. The character Derek Johnson will not be shown too much in the film an he is not a main or supporting character, so his backstory is not important.

       

        The second character in the opening is going to be the henchman named Henry Walker. He is going to be a henchman employed by the fictional terrorist group The Red Talon. He got intel on where Derek was going to be through a mole. His backstory is that he was born into the terrorist organization and was trained from an early age to become an asset to The Red Talon. He rose up the ranks before being sent on this important mission to retrieve the codes. The Red Talon wants the codes so they can launch an attack on an innocent nation so international support turns on America. 
              The last character shown in the opening will be the main character. His name is Bill Tyson. He used to be a secret agent for America before being forced out due to accidentally killing one of his partners. The US government calls him to help because they realize there was a mole and they need someone they can trust and while Bill was reckless, they knew they could trust him because he had been out of the loop. Since being forced out, Bill had failed to find purpose in life and had become a little detached from society which is why he would be sitting in the car aimlessly till he gets the text that they need him again. The character is going to be someone to root for because he represents a comeback story. 
        These are the backstories I came up with for the characters shown in my opening. None of that will be shown in my opening, but I felt it important to develop the characters fully so I know what the opening should highlight about them. I feel the same way about the plot of the opening so later on I will probably type out the whole plot for the movie including the beginning middle and ending. I think this will help me if I want to add some easter eggs in the opening as to how the film will end. I think developing the first two characters is not going to be difficulty because they are not main characters with intricate backstories, but for Bill I will need to find ways to showcase his isolation whether that is through camera shots or through lighting.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Opening post

         After nearly 2 months of work I am finally done with this project. Surprisingly enough the CCR proved to be harder to construct tha...