Monday, March 8, 2021

Location scouting/prop and set design

        For the location of my movie opening I will explore more this weekend. For the first scene in my opening I googled abandoned roads around my area and came up with 2 places. I will go look at them this weekend and see if they are adequate. If they are not, I will look around more. For the second scene, I think I will shoot it at Weston Regional Park. The scene needs to be in a parking lot and needs to make it seem like Bill Tyson is listless. I know Regional has an ample number of parking lots, now it is a matter of scouting it and seeing what backdrop would fit my opening the best. 
                                                
                                                                  Prop and set design
        I am trying to make my movie as good as possible with using as little equipment and props as possible due to the budget. For the first scene, unless the location turns out to be poor and I cannot find other locations, I will not need to buy artificial lighting. However, the props I do need for this are a round black hat and a car. Any car will do and since I do not have a license I will have one of my friends play the actor of the person who is getting kidnapped. The car is being driven along the road till someone stops it and then kidnaps the person in the car and drives away with him in the trunk. I am hoping the location is not crowded at all because if there are cars passing by it would be very difficult to film. The props I need for this scene, I already have or I know I have access to.


        For the second scene, I also tried to keep the amounts of props used in limitation. The first prop I need is a phone. The phone is what is receiving the text message to tell Bill Tyson his services are required. I have access to a phone and so do all the people that are acting in the opening, so this prop has been taken care of. The second prop I need is the inside of a car, which is also easy to find because I can just use the same car from the first scene and just film in the interior. Again, just like the first scene I have or have access to the props I need for this scene in the opening. Maybe, after visiting the locations, more props will be required, but for now I think I am set.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Opening post

         After nearly 2 months of work I am finally done with this project. Surprisingly enough the CCR proved to be harder to construct tha...