Friday, February 26, 2021

Group Discussion

         In class, our teacher randomly sorted us into groups and told us to share our ideas about the project. We all discussed our projects and I got some good ideas about what other people are doing and I plan on using that for my film. I thought that the meeting was helpful and in the future when I develop my project, they will be even more helpful. Even thought everyone else did different genres, I found things to inculcate in my own opening. I was struggling a little bit on how to shoot my kidnapping scene, but I figured it out after the group discussion. 

        The first most important thing I was told to do had to do with the camera shots. I told them my plot for my opening where someone gets kidnapped and their briefcase containing important stuff is stolen. The people in my group told me that the best way to capture the scene would be through close up shots instead of wide shots. The close shots I am thinking about are a close shot of the briefcase to signal to the audience that it is important to the movie. Another close shot is the shot of the person being stuffed into the trunk of a car to properly set the tone of the film. In the process of the struggle between the person with the briefcase and the kidnapper, I will try to use alternating close shots because it will accurately show the kidnapping in a dramatic way.





        The second thing I learned from our talk was the time when music was playing. One person said that for their entire opening there would be no dialogue and only music playing in the background. I am thinking about doing a similar thing for the kidnapping part of the opening, but I am not sure yet. I think I will end up doing something where the music is playing lightly in the background, but there is still volume of what is going on in the scene. I think a scream would help to set the tone, so putting music over that would be effective. However, a fast-paced beat in the back would help to raise people's adrenaline, so it is something I would want in the background of my opening. 

Something like this seems like it could be effective. The music is playing to add a tempo, but there are still sound effects of what is going on in the movie like of the jets on his boots. I think I would have something similar to that, but the music would be more of a fast-paced beat and it would not be as loud as it is in the clip. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Opening post

         After nearly 2 months of work I am finally done with this project. Surprisingly enough the CCR proved to be harder to construct tha...