Saturday, February 27, 2021

Rough draft Storyboarding/Check-in

        I think now is the right time to start the planning process. I have got what my plot is going to be and I know what the characters are. Now, the next step is to start the storyboard. I think this should help me when I film the movie, but honestly I am not too worried about actually filming the scenes, it is more about how to put together multiple shots and alternating shots as well as the right filters and music in the post-production process. I have only edited once before and that was also for this class and I did not get a good grade on that project either so I am not very confident in my editing skills going forward. That is more of a cross that bridge when I get there, for now I am going to focus on my next task at hand which is the planning.

In this first panel there will be a midshot of a car driving when suddenly a human appears in front of the car and signals it to stop. The driver of the car will honk the horn of the car. There will still be a midshot of the human approaching the door of the car, when then there will be a close up of him opening the door and wrestling the driver of the car out of the car. There will be alternating close shots of their struggle.
In this panel, it is a continuation of the first panel where there will be a midshot of the man throwing the driver into the trunk of the car. We will then have a tracking shot of the man going into the car and sitting in the drivers seat. Right next to him will be a briefcase with the words classified on it. There will be a close shot of that briefcase to signify its importance. Then there will be a midshot of the car driving away.
This third panel occurs right after the car drives away and occurs after a cut. The scene will start with a close shot of a phone which will have a text message from an unknown number with the words we need your help. The camera will then show a mid-shot of the main character sitting at a park looking around. He will then pick up the phone, look at the message, look around one more time, let out a sigh and say "Of course they need" and then get up and start walking and then the scene ends. I think it builds up intrigue for the rest of the movie.

        This is the rough draft of the storyboard. I did not add as much detail as I kind of just wanted to sketch out the plot really quickly to see how it would play out. Although I actually do completely suck at drawing, so if I feel like my vision for the plot can get done with just a shot list, I probably will not do another more detailed one, but I will have to see. I think the opening is good because it introduces the main spy character without giving away too much information like who he is and why he is disappointed about receiving that text and why in spite of him being disappointed, he is presumably following the text. The first part also builds intrigue as it makes the audience want to stay to find out what was important in that briefcase. The only issue I think it has right now is time. The opening has to be at least 2 minutes and I am not sure if what I have is enough to cover two minutes. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Opening post

         After nearly 2 months of work I am finally done with this project. Surprisingly enough the CCR proved to be harder to construct tha...