Monday, February 22, 2021

Preliminary plot/ sub genre conventions

         I think I have settled on a sub genre for the movie opening I am creating. I will be creating a spy movie. I am anticipating that the movie opening will have the main character introduced and he is being told what his mission is. I am going to have to find the proper tools to do that and I have yet to determine whether this spy mission is part of the government or an independent one. I also need to determine the setting of the mission.

                                                                    Spy movie conventions

A spy movie usually has a main character who has to accomplish an objective like shutting off a bomb or rescuing a person while having to deal with the villain who is trying to catch and kill the spy. The main character has to usually have a scene where they sneak around, but since I am only doing an opening I do not have to worry about that. Spy movies have to same concepts as action movies in the sense of good vs bad and the villain is usually some evil country or corporation. 

This is an example of a spy movie where the plot is developed first and the rest of the details are what the audience stays for. This movie opening does not seem like a spy movie from the start even thought it is. This type of opening is something I am considering doing, however, it would not be as effective. I could do something simpler like where a random man kidnaps someone and that is the opening and the audience will be hooked to find out the rest of the movie.
While this is not a movie opening, it is something I might also want to do. A mission briefing where the main character is being shown his mission seems like a good idea that is possible to pull off with my resources. A mission briefing would need to make the mission sound good and interesting, so the mission could be the hook for the audience. I would just need to find a good setting and equipment to do this





No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Opening post

         After nearly 2 months of work I am finally done with this project. Surprisingly enough the CCR proved to be harder to construct tha...