Thursday, February 18, 2021

Target Audience and Representation

         The target audience of action movies are generally kids aged 15-40. This is because the younger generation is the one that typically likes the adrenaline rush they get from action movies. The target audience is very important when making a movie opening because you need to incorporate things that the target audience enjoys. In my case for action movies, the general target audience is 15-40, so I am going to need to create something that grabs the attention of people in that age group. Another sub-genre I was considering doing was Spy action film which also has a target audience of 15-40, so there are certain elements I need to incorporate to fit my audience. The most important adrenaline booster in action movies are stunts and action sequences like car chases, since I am doing a movie opening, I do not need to incorporate those major action sequences. I can use smaller action like a small fight or a gunshot, but more importantly I need to find a way to make an opening that shows that in the film there will be action sequences. The dialogue and camera shots in my film are going to have to hint at adrenaline boosting scenes further down in the film. 

In this movie opening the usage of shots and close ups of items like guns and the speedometer of a car to set the tone of the film as an action film. The shots allow the audience to anticipate that their will be action and the major action sequences in the future of the movie. The only "action" in this movie is the last shot where the man gets shot, but that is a basic scene that I could probably create. This scene does a good job of developing the plot and the character without having a crazy car chase or gunfight scene, it makes good usage of camera shots and sound to set the tone for the rest of the movie. 
        
Another aspect of action movies is the representation. Most action movies have a male and white lead in Hollywood. Representation is important because it allows people to be inspired and the full story can be told from all perspectives. Unfortunately, due to COVID and other issues there are a limited amount of people I want to ask for help, my pool of actors is limited, so I cannot control representation in my movie opening, but I do think that I have a diverse group of friends I could contact to act in my opening. I still do believe I can make a good film with the limited pool of actors






No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Opening post

         After nearly 2 months of work I am finally done with this project. Surprisingly enough the CCR proved to be harder to construct tha...